Endurance & Racing (track)

My husband and I have enjoyed the few times we have spent at the local
race track watching arabians race. We have always planned on breeding my
mare and we are hoping to try the racing game with her offspring.

But, the other day a "bug" got in my head and I had a idea,(a dangerous
one at that) and I thought about trying my 9 year old mare at the racing
game NOW, instead of waiting for her future foal.

Right now, she is in shape for LD rides. I talked to a couple trainers
who may be able to work out an arrangement with me mostly keeping her at
home instead of the stressful track conditions. I would trailer in.

Can a horse do both at the same time? Any warnings, advice?

Lauren