Re: Humand Endurance

 reaching her goal.
>Everyone held their
>  breath as she staggered those last final steps, finally
>collapsing as she
>  broke the ribbon. She was then carried to the medical
>tent.

I saw something like this on TV.  Can you IMAGINE if that had been a
horse that staggered in and collapsed?  What a double standard.  Maybe
those guys need some vet checks to save them from themselves.

I remember them showing a woman who had lost control of her bowels
(wouldn't their "med check" for anal tone be fun!:-)  She actually
crawled in...and was in HORRIBLE condition.  The film clip was from a
year earlier, and the commentators (who zoomed in and explained that anal
tone goes with exhaustion) interviewed her in the studio.  She said tons
of people had told her they took up the sport after seeing her film
clip...go figure.

Personally, if I ever do get to do Tevis or Old Dominion, and manage to
do the climbs on foot, I'll probably crawl in with some stains on my
shorts too, but I doubt anybody will want to interview me about how
inspired they were when they saw me do it.

Angie

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]