re: shoulder asymmetry

>   IME the bulgey shoulder is usually caused by an off balance rider.
<SNIP>
> but mostly you come back to working with the
> rider, not the saddle pad and not necessarily the horse.

Every situation is different.  Lakota was extremely lopsided in the
shoulders when I bought him, which my farrier immediately pointed out was
probably due to having one front leg shorter than the other.  He padded
the "short" leg to even up the front until we could grow enough hoof to
make up the difference.  After 6 months of carefully trimming to have a
longer hoof on the shorter leg, and working my posting to strengthen up
the weaker side, his shoulders evened up almost perfectly.

Glenda & Lakota
Mobile, AL
AERC # M18819 & H27310
SE Region