Re: Evacuation

Hi Mary,
I'm 160 miles from Houston and have friends 8 miles from the beach.  They
have always made arrangements ahead of time with friends further inland.
This seems alot safer than roughing it in the forest with potential heavy
rains and thunderstorms.  You might post a request on ridecamp and make new
friends.  I know I've got at least 7 horses coming to my place if a
hurricane enters the gulf.  There is also a huge training center just off
I-35 at Seguin that probably has lots of empty stalls.  The brochure said
$2.00 per stall per day and you do all the feeding and care.  They might
have some trailer hookups also.  I know the brochure said something about
apartments.  Its really a nice stable, geared towards racing, and they have
an arab race horse sale coming up this fall.  Anyone interested can email
me for the name and number.  Maybe someone could talk them into being an
evacuation center.
Carol and Electric Shahck  (stall--What's that??)