kids & language

Dear Katee,
In regards to your question to Steph asking how many children subscribed
to ridecamp, that is a matter of opinion.  Since you used my letter for
refrence, I would like to answer the question.  It was only a few days
ago that a 12 yr old child was looking on Ridecamp for other 12 yr olds
who ride endurance.  The child that was looking did receive an answer,
to the best of my knowledge.  I did not read the posts, as I am not 12,
but I did read the subject line on my computer.
Ma'am, I do not care if it is only one child reading ridecamp posts,
that child should not be subjected to that kind of language. Neither
should I for that matter, and I am 34 years old.  Had a simple warning
of language been attached to that letter, I would have no problem with
it, however, (and the person who posted it may take exception to my
OPINION here), the shock factor was greater since there was no warning
posted regarding graphic content & language.
If something offends me, I have the right to object to it, just as you
have the right to ask rediculous questions, and the person who posted
that informative but completely out of context post has the right to
post it.
If you would like to take this matter up with me further, please feel
free to contact me privately, as I personally feel this matter should be
left alone now, mainly for the sake of people who feel that there was
nothing wrong with posting it.
Sincerely,
Antoinette Bartee
Chico, TX