The Amenable Irish & My Post-Dated New Year's Resolution (Multi-Part & Long)

Dear RideCamp:

I was trying to find a source for Tally Ho riding breeches with the
newly upgraded "Suregrip" fabric.
It is supposed to be an improvement over their "sticky-bums" ultra
suede. However, it seems that Tack In The Box may have discontinued,
all or in part, this particular item. So, I contacted Tally Ho Ltd.
directly in Ireland, and was told that they can be ordered directly
from the source. I share with you all my humorous conversation with
the very nice Irish fellow who helped me. Any one needing Tally Ho
Ltd. products or catalogs, please contact Michael Kent at TallyHo@IOL.IE

> In the meantime we do have breeches available with full seat
suregrip, it is our style Cantle.  The garment is simmilar to our
styles Godiva or Chevron as illustrate on our website except that
instead of internal patches it has the suregrip all way up from ankle
to the saddle back full seat.

> We do supply direct but in order to do this  satisfactorily we need
the following measurements :

>   Actual waist size   (no cheating)
>   Inside leg measurement to ankle,
>   Widest part of calf,
>   Hip measurement  (again no cheating)
>   height (which you have already given us)
>
> Your weight is a matter between you and EA Tezzeray, but if our
garment is not comfortably then 10lb less would be the solution.

> We do supply a lot of endurance riders and many of them prefer our
loose fitting cotton styles like Athena or Polo with or without
clarino.  Howeverwe do appreciate that every endurance rider has her
own preference and if suregrip is yours so be it.

> Style Cantle is available  in Beige,  Black and White and the cost
would be :-

           Irish           £49.00
           Airmail postage £12.20
                           -------
                total      £61.00
          Equals  Approx US$88.00

> If you order more than one then the postage would be a bit less per
garment. You can pay by Credit card and we have a secure way of
transmitting the number if you decide to buy.

> By the way we also supply an elasticated half chap made from Clarino
which is lighter and tougher than suede chaps and endurance riders
find them very useful.

> If there is any more information you require please ask ,

In the meantime with best wishes,
TALLY HO LTD.,
Michael Kent.

Follow-Up To Your Response.To:tallyho <tallyho@iol.ie>

Mr. Michael Kent
TALLY HO LTD.
Ireland

Dear Mr. Kent:

I am grateful for your assistance, and I look forward to receiving the
Tally Ho catalogue this Fall.  Your insightful and informative e-mail
response is definitely a keeper.

This morning, over our breakfast of sweet feed, electrolytes, black
coffee and Oreo Cookies, the barn crew and I took a vote regarding the
GROSS weight (all puns intended) which the endurance horse is
presently required to haul up hill, down hill, and on the flats (this
weight being combined rider, tack, clothing, odds & ends).

Tez (horse) and I voted for a minimum 10 pound reduction in the
rider's weight.  Reilly O'Dog abstained from voting pending the
issuance of his breakfast kibble (smart dog).  Thomas the cat voted in
favor of a weight increase, at least for himself, since Tom is always
on a diet, and would prefer that his own personal ration be INCREASED
(not gonna happen anytime soon, tubby cat).

You may expect my order for the Cantle breeches in the near future,
pending the occurrence of PAYDAY next week.  I shall, with your kind
forebearance and understanding, wait to take my personal measurements
in the (faint) hope that they will have reduced as the result of my
aggressive aerobics programme which begins TOMORROW (or the next day).

On a more serious note....I once visited the other island country off
the coast of the great nation of Ireland and was introduced to High
Tea.  I am wondering if High Tea is better obtained in Ireland?

And, are their any equestrian endurance events in Ireland?

If so, perhaps some time in the future you could advise me as to how I
might combine a righteous Irish tea with a 50 or 100 mile jaunt cross
country?  We'll Talk.

Very truly yours,
Susie Wimberly
EA Tezzeray
Reilly O'Dog & Thomas (the barn crew)

Post Script:

You stated that: > We do supply a lot of endurance riders and many of
them prefer our loose fitting cotton styles like Athena or Polo with
or without clarino.<

QUESTION:  How stretchy are the Cantle style breeches with the
suregrip?  I do like (& need) some stretchiness in my clothing.

==================

Dear Suzie,

Thank you for graphic details of democratic breakfast meeting
regarding weight reduction intentions.  Obviously individual agendas
will prevent
any unanimity.  Tez has veto powers of course:-  no 10lb reduction,
no move.

Style Cantle is fitted and stretchy being made from synthetic knit,
whereas Polo and Athena are roomy with pleats and slight flare and are
made from woven stretch cotton. There are afficionados for each style
and we have long ago given up trying to reason why different people
are 'grabbed'  by different styles. Both do the job.  Whenever you are
ready to take the plunge and divulge measurements we will be here.

High Tea is not endemic to Ireland. Endurance riding, or in fact any
activity, has freequent staging posts at pubs for Guinness or a drop
of 'the hard stuff'.
There is active endurance riding here but it takes place in the summer
which is nearly over.  Summer here means soft rain and drizzle, as
distinct from
the other seasons when we have lashing rain bucketing down in the high
winds.

The result of this so called climate is to make us really, really
appreciate the odd sunny days.

So if and when  you are making plans, let us know and we will get our
endurance friends to  give us details of what's on.

Our cat 'Chloe' and our Ridgeback 'Holly'  send greetings to your mob
and fully understand their priorities.

We are sending you copies of our recent past catalogues as many of the
styles are unchanged and you will have a better idea of how the
garments look.

=======

RideCamp, anybody wanna go to Ireland & ride next summer? (lasts at
least 10 minutes).    SWW