Re: Info on easyboots.....

>We don't know anything about easyboots and would like to know more
>about =
>them. Maybe a picture/diagram or two and explanation of how they work

There was an article with diagrams on how to apply Easy boots in Trail
Blazer recently...(or was it Endurance News?)  Easy Care has a good
pamphlet they send out with the boots.

I'm sure I've got it here somewhere.  I'll scan it and send it to you
later today (the kids spent the night and grandma's and I'm out for a
LONG ride! :-))

Actually, it doesn't take a lot of figuring out.  They're simply a rubber
boot with a cable & buckle on front for tightening.  There's a heel strap
inside that fits against the horse's heel and tightens when the buckle is
pulled down.  Inside, there are 2 little metal pieces with "teeth" that
have slight contact on either side.  If you have a horse with round "bell
shaped" hooves, I don't believe you need to do anything other than slip
them on and snap down the buckle.

Some people like to wrap the horse's hoof with vet wrap.  Had a friend do
this with a horse with very cone shaped feet that I didn't think would
hold one well and they stayed on great, so maybe there's something to
that.

The Easyfoam is optional.  It goes inside and is sort of like adding
padding, makes it a "custom fit", plus it makes some folks feel better to
know little pebbles can't get inside.  I've never used it and have had no
problems.

I think they advertise that the boots outlast shoes 3 to 1.  That's hard
to say unless you're a person who uses them exclusively.  Most of us use
them as a "spare tire", or occasionally over extremely rocky trails.
Crockett Dumas campaigned a mare that had feet that didn't hold shoes
well with them exclusively I believe, and did very well.

I've only worn one clear through ever.  Another finally tore next to the
buckle.  They do tend to be very slick on mud.

In America, they average somewhere around $32 apiece.  I would make sure
I bought it large enough to go over the shoe, since I've used them as
often with shoes as without.  There is a link to their web page off of
Endurance.net  It's "Easy Care".

Angie

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]