Re:Yosemite/Trailer Pullout

Jan,

It's nice to hear that you also had a wonderful vacation in Yosemite.
I'm glad the water in the river warmed up enough to venture in, as it
was real cold and the water too fast moving when we were there.

We are planning on going next year, to the same spot, but with some
non-horsey family. After spending time at that beautiful site, I could
never stay at the crowded non-horse campsites. We are definately going
to bring the horses and let people take turns going on short trail
rides. Did you go through the old wooden covered bridge?

In regards to not being able to pull over, I know what you mean. First
of all, I do pull over whenever possible, even if only one car is behind
me. But, I only pull over on paved pullouts; too many of the dirt
shoulders have eroded and are too unpredictable. Also, there is no way
that you can safely slow down in enough time to pull over in those
little areas, and they seem to come upon you with no warning. I would
fight the ticket and write a letter to the court. Maybe there is a law
enforcement officier on the list that would write you a letter about
equine trailer saftey. It's worth a try.

Lauren