Re: Wendell Robie's Bandos

I guess this is sort of reviving a perhaps already-dead subject, but I just had
to write a little about Wendell Robie's Bandos.  He was indeed a super endurance
horse & did sire several other very successful endurance horses, among them
Wendell's grandaughter Marion's Tevis Cup winner Hailla.  This Bandos #1786 was
by the Egyptian import *Nasr.  This breeding produced some fine athletic horses
in other fields of equine endeavor as well.  A stallion with 3 very close
crosses to *Nasr that I owned for most of his life was a very successful
dressage competitor in both open & All-Arabian shows. Wendell's Bandos did have
a Polish connection too though in that he was out of the Polish import *Ba-Ida.
(No relationship to the modern Polish import *Bandos)

Karen Carlson