Tevis -What Else

Thanks to Lucy  and the Tevis Home page Web Cast.  Was just great.

I was disappointed to see OMAN and Carolyn Tucker DNf  it appears from
the charts they were 15 MIN OT at Francisco  83 miles seems most riders
took almost 3.5 to 4 hrs to make that trip. This was OMANs 2nd shot.. I
was really hoping they would do  it this year.
I was riding MY Shagya-Arab- OMNI  on a one day NATRC CTR on Sat .. as
we were rolling along -- in good order- my mind drifted to the riders at
Tevis -- I thought this was really cool.. a father and son  3000 miles
apart both on a 'distance ride'
One at the top -on the most difficult Tevis trail.. and the other just
starting.. on the very easy Biltmore CTR 30 miler.

I had dreams of being at Tevis .. like in 4 years or so..Then it was
back
to keeping my boy in 'order' and his mind on the task at hand.
He did GREAT.. only his 2nd ride this year..He is getting there.. guess
I will keep him.

I suspect OMAN will be too old to try it again next year.. think he is
18.

The Web Cast listing were deceiving.. seemed they showed many at the
finish line that did NOT make it.

Reading the completion list-- I really felt like part of it. I know so
many of these riders.
Just great.. what else can you say.

To those who did not get around.. BTDT-- but NOT Tevis.. just the OD100.

Looking fwd to all the follow up stories.

I just hope OMNI grows up tough.. he is my only hope of doing this ride
on a home made horse.. that is dont want to buy a 'made' horse or rent
one..have
to do it on one I made my way..
Congrads to all --
Roger