Men doing more then there jobs

Lucy wrote:
>Er... actually, he was about to take me *out* to breakfast.
>
>Rather a pleasant way to start Sunday's, IMO, chatting over
>Also worth mentioning, is that *he* cooks breakfast in this house
(>I'm disfunctional in the morning) as well as doing all the
>feeding of animals, and being the reason that I was able to
>buy a 32 yr old trailer with dodgy electrics, can drive a
>20 year old italian convertible without fear of being stranded
>or having to fork out large $$$s in mechanic fees... and he
>says he'll crew for me. Yay.

Yeah Lucy!  I am actually slightly embarrassed by the men bashing going on
and am glad to see one of us stood up for our other halfs!  Most men I know
in endurance work just as hard as we do.  My husband dosen't ride, but he
crews, does laundry, makes sure I got a good truck that runs to get me
there, takes care of all my camping gear, watches the kids all weekend by
himself while I'm gone and generally looks out for me. He keeps the
property nice and neat and pics up after me because I am always in a hurry
too.  He also works his butt off at a job and I get to stay home and pursue
my business and endurance hobby.  The men I've ridden with in competition
are wonderful too.  I don't think men win because they have more time, they
win because they put their time in on their horse and are driven to win,
period!  What about women who win rides?  Do they win because they have
more time?  No they win because they took the time it takes to get their
horse ready and they are driven to win too! Lets not make this into a
gender war, heck I'd be bummed if all I had were women to hang out with.
Men are wonderful to be around and a wealth of information.  Without my
husband I don't know if I would be able to do this sport at all!

So hey, congratulations to all the MEN and WOMEN who won and or placed top
10 in Tevis and every other ride this year!  GREAT JOB!