questions on trailering...

First time poster, so please be gentle. Would like some feedback on buying a trailer. I would like to buy my wife a trailer so she can do endurance with her new horse that she is training. Problem is I am not a horse person. I can talk quality and dependability, but there are many brands and styles. Any advice? slant load vs straight load...gooseneck vs bumper...steel vs aluminum....Titan vs Featherlite vs Bison vs Cherokee.....what is the best for a novice to intermediate, showing one or two horses competatively, in the Northern United States, ten times a year, at the most eight hours away, Arabs of course. Picked up the truck Thursday ...Chevy2500, 350, 373 gear, plow and tow package, 8600 GVW...Help!   Thanks! Just hate to invest 15G's for a something that is just overkill.......
fire.master@mci2000.com