Re: How to know when to try a 50?

In a message dated 98-08-06 18:41:58 EDT, smcintos@rapidnet.net writes:

<< There is a really nice ride in September and I am
 thinking of going, but i am undecided whether we are ready to try a
 really slow 50 or if I should just stay with the LD for now. >>

Hi, Sarah--

With the self-discipline you have shown in riding to the weather and terrain
in your LD's and not trying to race, you are READY for a 50!  Ride to your
horse's comfort level (speed-wise) and go for it!

Heidi Smith, DVM