rain rot again?

Sorry for yet another rainrot post, BUT - Saturday I found a small spot on
Grey's inside L front patstern.  About an inch long, 1/2 inch wide - seems to
have broken the skin.  I am not sure if this is due to scratches; he has
been standing in some mud - I was slow in getting sand moved around, but
except for looking fairly scabby before I washed it, it almost looks more
like a gash.  So far I have treated it like it was rain rot - betadine
scrubs Sat. and Sunday and put a combination of trible antibiotic ointment
and anti-fungus cream on it.  I would normally not keep washing a cut with
betadine every day, or use anti-fungal.  Are these things likely to slow
healing if it is just a cut?  I want to try to get it healed as quick
as possible. He is not sore on it and I had planned to do a ride the
15th of August.

Thanks for any advice,
Teresa