Re: Rain Rot

Becke wrote:
>Help.  I don't know what to do any more.  We have a horse that has had some
>form of Rain Rot for the past 6 months.  The vets said to use Betadine on it
>until it is gone. But, it is not going away.  Some days it looks like it is
>growing.

The one thing that cleared rain rot right up for me is
Micro-Tek... shampoo and spray.  Comes in a black bottle
with bright pink / blue lettering.  Kathy Ruiz put me on
to it because it also works quite well on scratches for
her horse.  It's a fairly new anti-bacterial / anti-fungal
agent developed for space travel.  Read the label / follow
the directions.Works much better than betadine.  I've seen it
for sale in several catalogs like KV vet supply and now
Stateline.  I've also seen it on the shelf at various tack
shops.  For those of you in this area I just picked up a new
supply from Brown's.

:) - kat myers
in San Mateo, Ca with Magnum the TB ex-racer who gets rain
rot every winter.
and Mr Maajistic... steely-eyed endurance arab.