Re Dubai

Hi all  again,
Told you I am on a roll*grin*.
Well next weekend we will  know who will be competing in Dubai.It must be
one of the biggest fields of riders at a 100 Miler in this country.
I wont be riding after all  but will be there helping with the time
keeping.My back is still not right,did a trainning ride and was in agony.
I dont really want to find out what a 100 Miler will do to my back at the
moment.Just one of those things.
I will also be filming the riders and will  put a article on this ride onto
my webpage.
There are only a handfull of 100 miler riders in this country so it will be
fun watching 50 miler horses and riders after this ride*maliscious of me*
It is a FEI run ride and should be a great ride,its a tough ride,steep
inclines and one hell of a mountain to get over,and something called the
"Willoby Slide" comming down the mountain,this can only be done on foot as
it is a extremely narrow path,slippery too ,very trickey for both horse and
rider,(we Shanni and I got lost one year somewhere along this path).After
this its endless gravel road,some hectic declines and a very rocky section
where horses could pick up problems unless they are wearing some sort of
padding under there shoes.
It is a interesting ride to ride,never really boring (except the endless
Karroo bush).
I cant wait who knows maybe I will ride it ,have to actually still decide
but dont have alot of time left,have booked a stable though.
So I will  let you all know later which South African riders will be going
to Dubai.
Also another question has the American team been selected yet?Saw the long
list but dont know who is going to Dubai.
Anyone care to answer this question for me?
The only bad thing is this ride falls on the same day as the Tevis
Ride,otherwise we would have had a great horse available for a
International rider,he is still available if anyone is interested.I rode
him in the Game Parks and he is a puller of note,my arms never mind by back
ached for ages.He is a brilliant horse,but a difficult ride,needs a
experienced rider to ride him.
I will have horses available for rides next year for our National Rides and
the 300 Miler.
Anyway will keep  ya all updated on this great event,yes for us it is a
step in the right direction its about time some of our riders got some
International experience,will be good for us.
Enough from me for now.
Regards
kathy
http://196.7.177.40/aht/