open wound fly repellent

I have used an ointment for open wounds and sores that seems to work well,
although it needs to be kept in a cool place. It is manufactured for
Veterinary Products Laboratories in AZ. It's title is "Fly Repellent
Ointment for Wounds and Sores. It has a gummy consistency that lasts
through stream crossings and six foot tall prairie grass. The only
disadvantage may be the inability to carry it with you through the heat. It
was recommended to me by my godfather, a large animal veterinarian. I  have
heard of oil based repellents causing blisters when it is applied on a wet
horse. I use an oil based fly spray before each ride and have not had such
an occurrence. The Vets out there can give a more detailed and thorough
answer to your question.

	Brian Silcott
	Wichita Ks.