Spiller's feed

I was at my local feed store Sunday getting a salt block.  The Seminole
feed nutritionist was there.   I started talking to him about "Spillers"
feed.
Actually I asked him about the use of soy hulls which Becky brought up
on ridecamp.   Spillers is a British feed company and Seminole bought
them three years ago.  They plan to go national with the Spillers line.

Spillers has some interesting feed.  They have a food called"HDF", which

means highly digestable fiber.  They get 85% of the energy through fiber

and oil.  It is 19% fiber and 5% fat.  They use beet pulp, soy hauls,
alfalfa meal, etc to get the fiber. The feed is what they call a medium
energy feed (1400 KCal/lb, if I remember right) and they claim the
British Olympic team uses it.  However, I am always a little skeptical
of
such claims.

The only down side is it is pelleted - probably has to be, but I was
thinking it might be a good feed to mix in with my normal feed.  I
bought one of their other feeds, Meadow Herb, in which they include
items that typically grow in a meadow but usually don't go into feed.
It is also high in digestable fiber, 11.5%, and might might a good feed
for long term energy.  The thing that impressed me is Meadow Herb
actually smells good.  I'm in the process of transitioning one horse
over to it to see how he dose and old Rocket really goes after it.

Dose anyone out there have any experience with Spillers feed.

--
Truman Prevatt
Brooksville, FL

Mystic “The Horse from Hell” Storm