EHSC 50 <story> -- oh yeah...

Since I was so busy talking about myself <sorry>...I forgot to mention that
on the 50 miler, Larry Bowers came in first and Gary Ceragioli won BC on
Czar.  I believe 79 started the 50 and 75 completed....a nice completion
rate considering the heat and difficulty of the ride.  Around 20 something
horses did the 30 miler.

I also wanted to mention about Death Valley, since I saw somebody ask about
it.  Next year it is going to be a lot easier...there will only be two base
camps :-).  So the rigs will only need to be moved one time during the
ride.  Both basecamp locations have showers too!  This will make the ride
starting location closer for those of us coming from the North.  For those
of you that don't know, the Death Valley Encounter is a four day 200 mile
endurance ride that is held the week between Christmas and New Years.  In
addition to the 50 each day, there is also a 25 mile LD ride.

Happy Trails,

Karen
in Gardnerville
& Weaver