Re: VT-100 - a LONG story (fwd)

 Everytime Ali hit with the right front, he bobbed
>and was sore.  Don came over and said he was sorry, Nancy hugged me
>and said she was sorry - Don commiserated with me about my bad luck
>at this ride, and they both came out with me while my crew walked Ali
>away, a

Dear Kathy,
I am SOOOOO sorry for your loss of your Vermont 100 completion.  Your
husband was right, you do need a catharsis, but for a pull of this
magnitude, I don't believe a simple letter will do.  I suggest that you:

 A. Begin by screaming into a pillow until your voice is completely gone.
 This will save you from having to try to explain what happened to people
and risk breaking down.

B.  Dig some post holes.  You need a place to blow off stress and energy,
and the new fence will give you a sense of accomplishment.

C.  Do you still own an old fashion Sling Blade (predecessor to the weed
eater?)  If so, clear your entire fence row of weeds.  If you can work up
some blisters and pop them you'll get a special sense of satisfaction
from the pain you inflict on yourself.

D.  Practice staring blankly at a far wall and not speaking.  (This
shouldn't be hard at this point)  Chances are, your husband will be
offering to haul you cross country to the Tevis out of pure pity in no
time.

E.  DO NOT watch your horse cantering gracefully around the field.  It
will only make you consider wringing his neck, and it's far too big
around for you to attempt it.

I really am sorry.  I've seen this before...horses that just don't seem
to feel the pain until they've slowed down and the adrenaline is gone.
That's why I trotted all the way into the vet check after my first 100
screaming..."Look at him, this is our trot out, how does he look?"  Total
paranoia...and now you've proven me right.  Sorry.

Angie McGhee

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]