HELP A.S.A.P! ANYBODY ON-LINE RIGHT NOW?

Horse & I just completed fairly tough 6 mile course which includes a 2
mile climb.  Tough ride for both of us.

Sore back: Used a different saddle which I thot fit okay (wrong).

Metabolically the horse is fine, hydrated, cool, eyes bright and his
movement is not impeded, so he is not tying up.  We are now 2.5 hours
after the ride.

A couple of pressure bumps coming up toward the place where the back
of the saddle panels rested.

Muscles in "saddle panel" areas are very tight and sore - his back is
dipping.  Not a horse that regularly has a sore back, even after a
hard ride, so I know it is the saddle - our old English which he has
apparently out grown now.

Your recommendations on applying heat or cold, massage, liniment, etc.
is needed.  I'll wait here on line for a little while before going
back out to barn to commiserate with friend.

Guilty in PA
Sooz.