CTR-Snake Hill Ride Results

I attended the CTR-Snake Hill Ride in PA,  for a first ride.  The
management was wonderful as this was our first ride but due to a pulled
shoe and lack of an easy boot at 18miles, and walked the two miles into the
midpoint. We left before the final results.  Could someone post the
results.

We showed our Morgan Eventing Stallion, DJJJ Ebony Gold, who was fit enough
for the ride, but due to owner oversite on equipment list we pulled him at
the halfway point.  Clara Hendin was on hand to coach us thru the vetting
in and at the halfway point protocol.  The timers/PR people were great and
I learned how to listen for heartbeat as up to that time could only hear my
own hearbeat thru the earpc.

The Announcer gave a great wakeup call starting with the "Tarzan Yodle"
then the Cavalry Bugle call, as the riders when out on the trail, he played
"Happy Trails to You".  We had a blast visiting with all the riders.
Although at the midpoint we were concerned about the condition of some of
the senior riders, some look slightly dehydrated.

My rider is the former Australian Olympic Eventing Coach and the current US
Pony Club Games Coach and this was his first experiance with CTR.  He is
always game for any new riding experiances/competitions and looks forward
to the next ride.

Deborah Griffin
Gryphon D' Morgans