Sport Saddle

I am interested in buying a SS.  My question is to anyone who has one...
is about the seat size.  I have heard alot about some riders saying that
the stirrups are too far  ahead.  Is this due to the saddle seat being
too large for the rider?  I sat in a 14.5 SS.  It felt good, but
probably was a bit small.  I am 5'6" and 160. Size 12 pants.  Does
anyone have advise?  Cindy