saddlepad for sportsaddle

I have been using the Skito pad for my sport saddle for over a year and
have not had any problems with a "hot" back.  I also had Toklat make a
pad for me with a gullet and then I made my own inserts, some from felt
and some from foam.  This also worked well.  Dr. Joyce Harman feels you
need a gullet pad if the back bone is the highest part of the horses
back if you are using a Sportsaddle.  I have a horse of each type but I
use the Skito and Toklat pads on both horses and have not had any back
problems.
Louise,
Summitt EB an Arab with a back that collects rainwater and Winston a
Belgium/QH cross with a backbone that I would not want to ride bareback.