It only takes a few seconds... -Reply

Lucie,
Don't let the Dr.s scare you out of doing anything you think you can do! I
had my arm broken in the same place in October.  The Dr. told me also
that riding was out and that I would not regain full use. Bah Humbug! I did
a 30 mile ride less than 3 weeks after the accident.  I was exhausted
and my horse's back was tender afterwards but we did it. I'm sure he
was tender because I was holding the injured arm to reduce the jiggling
and casts hurt when they bump you for that long! If you start to move all
you can as soon as the cast comes off, you will get full use. Just be
careful not to overdo.  Our bodies need downtime to repair also.
Good luck.
Judy