Re: delaminating Biothane

>VervaetP@deruyter.K12.NY.US
>Just got back from a 5 day camping trip.  Got caught in the rain and my
>Biothane delaminated!  Got it from Sportack.  Anyone else ever had this
>happen?  I'm sending it back for them to see (and they are replacing it).
>It appears that water entered in the places where holes were punched for
>buckles, etc.
>Paula

The only time I have had Sportack biothane start to delaminate was when a
horse chewed the end off the halter poll piece, but that's to be expected.
Otherwise all my biothane halters (most about 5 years old) hang outside on
hooks, or are on horses out in pasture -- and to clean them I run them
through the dishwasher on the top rack.  The oldest ones are looking a bit
tired, but they are intact.  The holes on yours must have been made without
enough heat to reflow the plastic, is my guess.

-- Lynn K. (Santa Ynez, CA)
   http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky