trailer safety chains

From: gerri rini
Email: nrini@yahoo.com

I have always had heavy duty safety chains on my trailer.  The new trailer came with wimpy little cables instead of chains. One school of thought goes like this, "It is good that a trailer breaks away completly away from the vehicle so it does not flip your vehicle".  the other thought is that you want that trailer to stay with you...."  What experiences have you all had out there ?  It seems you want heavy duty chains to avoid your trailer crashing into on coming traffic etc...

Thanks in advance, Gerri