Re: Endurance Kids

In a message dated 6/30/98 8:11:20 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Horsestwo@aol.com
writes:

<< I don't think there is a minimum age but don't forget they must have a
sponsor
 who rides with and finishes within a minute (at least as I remember) of the
 child. >>

There are five year olds that ride.  There is really no minimum age in
general, although Tevis does limit the age.  I think it is 14.  Juniors must
stay with their sponsor at all times on the trail and check into and out of
vet checks at the same time.  At the finish line, they must be within one
minute.  Juniors who are 14, have 500 miles, permission of their parents and a
letter from AERC can ride unsponsored, with the ride management approval.  In
that instance, they ride as seniors......Maryben Stover, Chairman of Junior
Committee of AERC