Re: Easy Boots

> Subject: Easy Boots
> Date: Thursday, June 25, 1998 2:11 AM
>
>  Quick questions - how good an idea is it to use easyboots for the first
> time in an ER?
> 		- Do they help for concussion - especially with a horse
> who is ouchy on hard ground due to hoof walls uneven and taking too much
> strain on the heels and thus more than usual strain on pedal bone?
> Regards,
> Cindy Budler

Cindy,

If I read your post correctly.....are you saying that you are
conditioning/riding a horse with uneven hoof walls?  How are they uneven??
Also too much strain on the heels?  If this horse if having hoof problems
of this sort, you should either get a better farrier, or not be riding him.
 Easyboots will NOT help for uneveness of hoof.  Riding a horse with these
problems WILL cause other lameness problems in the joints etc.  If a horse
is properly trimmed/shod, it is my belief that easyboot will help them from
being 'ouchy' on hard ground, but the feet should be properly trimmed first
and foremost.

jd