Re: Carbos -- a different view

In a message dated 98-06-25 14:39:49 EDT, CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com writes:

<< All too true, Joe.  My other concern, which I've already voiced, is giving
the
 fatigued horse a burst of energy to go one vet check too many when he should
 have quit, or getting him there too fast and causing problems when he might
 have completed if he had slowed down.  As with so many other things, this
 sounds like the sort of tool that should only be used by the extremely
 experienced who know their horses inside and out already and will use them
 responsibly.  Am already checking my stocks of IV fluids...

 Heidi >>

While you're at it, check the soundness and consistency of the horses that
have been fed carbs during a ride. You're assuming, as usual, that the sky is
falling when it's not.

In my mind, avoiding fatigue is one of the primary responsibilities of the
handler of the athletic horse.

ti