Re: no H2O til 20miles in HHH

Yup! I got one of those.  Drives me nutz!
He knows what I want too.  Will touch his lips to water everytime I ask,
just won't suck any in!!

And then you want to do 2x on electrolytes and you get really paranoid.  I
"think" I've messed him up in the past doing this-  upsetting his stomach
and then he stops eating.  But could have been not enough lytes or half a
dozen other things too.....?#$@#$
Have added probiotics to his lytes this year and we are doing somewhat
better. (read he is tolerating the regular dose better indicated by
continuing to eat)

I was at the Pine Tree 50 this past weekend (can you say steam bath-long
story, bad ending).  Although I gave more lytes that I usual(1oz per dose
to 2oz per dose) it still wasn't enough.  I have to learn/remember that
when he drinks to give the additional lytes right then after he is done
drinking (when he drinks he drinks alot).

In the mean time I ride with the sponge in the hand and will put ANY water
I can get to on the horse as often as possible.
I keep hearing this 2x (=4oz per dose?) and 3x on the lytes under these
conditions. Quote from one "very" experienced endurance rider, "electrolyte
the "bejesus" out of him!" (you know who you are Sue).  Then I hear too
much will be just as bad as not enough- BUT I don't  hear alot of riders
complaining that they gave too much then thus and such happened. I just
keep hearing give 2x and 3x the dose...?Bewildered

Anyway can one of you Florida guys give me you take on this scenario?  will
send specifics of what I did and didn't do if interested.

thanks

Lois Crowley
NH
Inde  (#1 son of Doone),'Kita (#2 son of Doone-still chestnut-oops gone
gray:>()
lcrowley@ctron.com (work)-lcrowley@worldpath.net (play)
http://www.worldpath.net/~lcrowley/ectra/ (for ECTRA stuff)
http://www.worldpath.net/~lcrowley/nehta/ (for NEHTA stuff)