Re: Carbos and eating crow

I would be interested to know if the research about the glucose spikes and
insulin response have been done in exercising horses, horses that have already
been exercising for quite a while and that will continue exercising.  I would
suspect that the research has been done on horses at rest.  In people the
glucose spikes and insulin response do not happen if the carbos are taken
during exercise.  I know nothing about fluid shifts.  What happens to a horse
at rest cannot be extrapolated to any exercising horse.

Maybe one of you scientists out there would consider this as a research
project.  Endurance rides would provide a unique research set up.  I am sure
that many endurance riders would be willing to have blood drawn on their
horses during rides to further this kind of research.

Debby Lyon

Debby Lyon