too much bounce in my stirrups?

From: Nina Vasiliev
Email: rmack@inreach.com

Hello everyone,
I'm using the Easycare stirrups which have a 1-1 1/2 inch rubber pad.
  Lately  when my horse jumps over a small creek or spookes, I think that the rubber bounces me too high once we land.
  Last time I felt like I was vaulted right out of my saddle.
 Anyone have a similiar experience?  I'm thinking that I might remove the pads, trim them thinner and then replace them.
 I was hoping for some input first.

(I broke my shoulder on that last fall.  I'm out for this ride season... :-(

Nina Vasiliev