Black Walnut

Pardon me, but if I remember right Black Walnut is one
of those toxic substances.  Contains Arsenic or Cynanide
or one of those nasty poisons.  Which is probably why it
can cause laminitis if used for bedding.  Probably kills
off the good micro-flora.

I, personally, would be concerned about my horse eating
Black Walnut trees for the horse's sake.

Try http://res.agr.ca/brd/poisonpl/ppcommo2.html
Click on Black Walnut.  Says it causes laminities, but
doens't say why or what the active ingredient is.  Please
correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking arsenic...

Just a thought.

:) - kat myers
in San Mateo, Ca.
with Magnum the TB ex-racer aka "Little Matador"
and Blue ... aka Mr Maajistic