Lucy Pope

Hello Ridecampers!

I am actually writing this to Lucy Pope, who Bev Ryan and I camped by at the
KKS Windsong ride near Yakima Wa.

LUCY !!!   Are you there?  Email me!

Sorry about that, guys ; )

Lucy had a real bad time at the ride, I know she lurks, So maybe she will
share her story with us.   See Lucy, It's easy!

I had a bad thing happen at the ride too, not NEARLY anything like Lucy ( Hint
hint)  But I will tell you about it anyway.

I'll keep this short for now, as I will be getting back to you guys for advice
about it, after I can go into more detail.

My horse tied up at 8 miles, and no one came to get us.  I ended up waiting
for 3 hours to find that out, then walking 2.5 hours to get back to camp.

I was not upset about all of this, sweaty : ), but not mad.

  I realize things happen, and it's not always nice things.  The only thing I
regret is not having been better prepared for something like that to happen. I
was under the impression that ride managers always had someone lined up with
truck and trailer for things like this.  I am going to ask about that at
future rides. If not for myself, then for others.
 And I dont intend anyone to think I place ANY blame whatsoever on anyone but
myself.  The ride managers, vets, etc were wonderful in a horrible situation,
and I just happened to be a minor mess at the time.
 I always have a ton of stuff with me when I ride here at home, as I only have
myself to depend on. I was truly disgusted with myself for not treating the
ride like any other day on the trail.

So, after thinking about this, I have decided to treat rides like rides, not
even think about the fact that there are other riders, trailers, etc nearby.
From now on it's just me and Rayna, conquering the world as usual.

Now obviously I have a problem with my horse, and after I get the results of
some bloodwork back, I will come to you all for advice.  We have some good
theories going, and look forward to your input.

Now, hopefully Lucy will see all of this and tell us her story, which is much
more interesting.

Julie and Rayna