Greasy Heels

Hi Everyone,

If this message is repeated I apologize but I have been having problems
with my E-mail and it does not appear that my original message was sent,
so here I go again. My horse had greasy heels  this past September and
then again this past February. If anyone is interested with my treatment I
would be happy to share it with you. In February when the greasy heels was
at its worse it was indeed swollen. My horse was never lame with it or did
it limit me from working him. Once the greasy heels externally cleared up,
the swelling has never totally gone away. Sometimes is appears to be worse
than others ( to the average eye you would not even notice this swelling).
Sometimes I feel little heat (maybe I am looking for something that is not
even there) My horse again is not lame with it, it is not tender when I
poke around it and just does not seem to be causing him any discomfort.
The second time he got the greasy heels it was suggested to me that being
as I had two run ins with greasy heels in such a short period of time,
that if I had problems getting rid of it I may have to try an internal
approach of treatment. I did not feel I had to go this route as it cleared
up externally. I did not ever have the vet up to look at it as I felt I
had it under control on my own.I am just wondering if anyone has had any
similar situations like this with the greasy heels. I may be dealing with
something totally non greasy heel related, it is just the timing seems
quite coincidental. I would appreciate any input anyone has on this for
me.

Thank You in Advance!
TG