Re:Ride Story at Mt. Laguna

Thanks for sharing your experience, Lauren, we didn't get a chance to
talk afterwards.  It was nice to see a bunch of ridecampers again.  Lots
of offers to help on my Norco ride, and lots of sponsorships popped up,
too.  The awards are going to be great.

Julie's horse had pads, mine didn't, but she'd done well in rocks in the
past.  Ember pulled a front shoe 5 miles from the finish, and I was
thankful that Julie was carrying an Easy Boot in just Ember's size.  It
was a challenging first 50 for Ember after missing a vet check at Oak
Springs and getting into the cholla at Manzanita.  Third time was a
charm!

But it's always something.  My Passier caused patches of edema which
didn't show up until late Saturday night, right in  the hollows behind
the withers where she'd lost weight in training, and where I had
(heretofore successfully) shimmed to narrow the fit in that area.  I
love riding English, but I can tell we're going into the cycle again of
thinning out along the topline from added work, then muscling up from
added work, and I'm not willing to have the saddle restuffed two more
times (in addition to the 4 times last year) until she's "done".  So
it's back to the sports saddle.

Anyone have a used Sports Saddle, 15" black OR a 14.5" black especially
with the higher cantle for the latter?  I'll buy my SS back from Julie,
and she'd like a scoch bigger seat. <sigh>  I'd sure like to do Oak
Springs in two weeks. :)

Lynne
and Rem-member Me