Re: good report

SHERMANO wrote:

> Thanks Ann H for the tips on the portable fencing, and all the lessons you
> learned on your recent ride.

There are several issues with portable electric fencing - most are
"operator error".

First is grounding.  Most electric fencing at home are very well
grounded - one or two
8 foot ground rods.   Get to a ride - drive in a little 8 inch piece of
metal and you got it.
Wrong - if it is not correctly grounded, then the fence will not work
properly.  This is particularly true in dry sandy soils.

The next problem is blankets.  If the horse has not stayed in an
electric fence in blankets before a ride - what makes you think he will
stay in a fence in blankets on a ride.  He most likely won't.

>I haven't been on an organized ride yet but
> hope to this fall in Fl.  We are training our older Morgan and we need tips
> like "He needs to be able

We look forward to seeing you at the Fl rides.

Truman