Rice Bran

Recently I had two of my friends tell me that rice bran is now a no no for
feeding to the endurance horse . They both said that they had a vet tell
them that any type of bran draws the calcium out of the bones . I had not
heard of this before and was wondering what was your guys thoughts on this
?I have been feeding a small amount of Natural Glo rice bran . Thanks guys