Trailers - a new slant

From: kristi
Email: iluvdez@yahoo.com

I read the slant load posts and thought
I'd add a little different perspective
on using them...we have a 3 horse slant
and two horses, one 1400 lbs, one 850
lbs. In order to make the big guy happy,
we took the trailer to a welder and
had the front stall downsized to about
2 foot wide; we haul our hay and camping
gear in it...Our large horse now has a
stall and a half and is much happier.
We also travel with our horses' butts
facing the driver, and they seem to like
that too..no wind directly in their face
and they get to use their hindquarters
more for support. They're trained to get
in and spin around to face backwards. My
"little" guy has gotten really good at
it because he'd fall out of the trailer
if he didn't spin just right! Just an
idea for those of you trying to optimize
space in your slant load...