Windpuffs and clay

Hi,

I took my 6 year old (Stuffy) to her first long ride last weekend (Wolverine
Canyon).  This was a pretty tough workout for her first ride.  After the ride,
we cooled out our legs and applied Ice-tight clay poltice to all four legs,
wet brown paper and then cotton wraps.  This mare has had enormous windpuffs
(never any unsoundness however) since before I bought her last fall, and it
seemed to me that the clay poltices really help them after the ride.  Does any
one else use this clay, and what do you think of it.  Have you used it on
windpuffs, and do you think that this is a good aid for these, or are there
better aids.

Anne and the Horses in Montana
Dyskrete, Stuffy, Hadia and Tifla