Re: Tripping horse

Yes, we had a lot of posts regarding my tripping horse a few months
ago.  Two things have helped my horse a lot.  The major thing was that
my farrier shortened his toes.  This alone has helped tremendously.  The
other thing is that I now stretch his front legs before the ride.  I had
taken him to a vet/chiroprator and he showed me how to do this and said
that it would make the horse more aware of his front feet.  Pick the
front leg up and bend it towards the horse's belly, then gently pull the
leg out in front of the horse and give a slight pull on it.  Eventually
the horse will pull back against you and really stretch it out.  Since I
have started doing this with my horse (I never did it before) he has
started to love it and groans and stretches back against me when I do
it.  I can tell that he just loves it!  However, the main thing was to
shorten his toes.

Amber