Endurance vs Limited Distance

I have been involved in Endurance Riding since 1971. I have ridden 25s, 30s ,
and 50s; no 100s. I feel that there are two different catagories of riding. 50
OR MORE  is Endurance riding ,and anything less is Limited Distance riding;not
Endurance riding.
       Let me ask you  a question . If 26 miles of running on foot is called a
marathon,  does the running world call a 10 k (6miles+) a marathon just
because it may be just as difficult for those who run the lesser distance? No
it does not. I am very proud of the Endurance Rides I have completed; but I am
also proud when I can finish a good hard Limited Distance Ride. If you notice
I use the screen name Ldriderco. Ld is for both " Long Distance; and Limited
Distance!"  Let's call it what it is and be proud of both!!  I am!