carry a knife..always...

Just reading the digests and was reminded of a piece of advice I
received a long time ago from Dr. Jim Steere, DVM when I first started
riding.  That is to always carry a knife on you, so if your horse gets
tangled up, or you get tangled up with your horse (as in the sponge
episode), you can whip it out and possibly save a life.  Don't carry it
on the horse, but in your pocket.  I use the knives from the fireman's
catalog that have a blunt point so you can't accidently stab anyone, but
are real sharp and will cut through metal.

Must admit sometimes I am slack about doing this myself, but will try to
remember for every ride, no matter how short or long it is...

BTW, I've never heard any LD people complain or whine they should be
called endurance riders, so I don't know where you'll are coming from.
You are just making us look bad by continuing this arguement over
labels.

The only person that needs to be impressed is yourself..who cares what
the world thinks? And the most important consideration should be the
horse.  Worry of what they think of you, if your gonna worry......

so how about some more ride stories????  My friend Marilyn just
suggested I job beside the horse for a 25 miler since I havn't found the
perfect saddle yet...now that would be enduring!! <g>

Happy & safe riding to all....
Kimberly (&Mystery the Morab)
Pt.Reyes, CA