No Subject

Rebecca and other ridecamp friends,

Rebecca wrote:<I think any body doing more than 10 miles can consider it
an endurance
ride.>
 I don't want to be rude but, if 10 miles why not 1 mile why not anyone
who has ever riden a horse be an endurance rider.

Rebecca wrote:< Others might think that it is not endurance but to the
person that
can't do anymore than that, Why take the glory away from them!!>

Why take the glory away from the people who feel special because they
have accomplished something that not all people can.  I know that after
all the hard work I am going to put in to becoming an endurance rider I
am going to feel great when I get there because I worked hard for it.
If I just had to go out and ride 10 miles to be an endurance rider what
would it mean to me to complete a 50?  The term endurance has nothing to
do with how that PERSON feels when he/she is done with a ride it has to
do with the ENDURANCE that a HORSE has to have to be done with the ride.

Rebecca wrote:<<They are
not compeating with the 50 or 100 mileres, so why make them feel like
they are not doing distance. Distance does not have a definet answer.
So why not let the person that goes out and does 10 miles be called a
distance rider if it helps to make them feel better about the ride that
they think is out-standing!! (because it might be all they are able to
do.)>>
Nobody said that they are not distance riders they just are not
endurance riders!!  My 12 year old brother plays Junior High basketball
but, does not think that it is unfair that he can't call himself an NBA
player!!!!!  They are what they are and that is it!!  You either are an
endurance rider or you are not it is so simple why is it so hard for
some of you to understand?  If you ride 50 rides you are an endurance
rider if you do not you are not.  It's really not that hard!!  If it is
all they can do then I am sure they will feel that accomplishment
whether you call them an endurance rider or not.  Speaking from
experience!!  I used to be able to ride 50 mile endurance rides when I
was a junior but, now at 23 I am looking at a heart transplant and all I
can do is 25 miles right now.  I would NEVER ask anyone to consider me
an endurance rider if I am not.  I don't need or want that kind of
charity,  when I am one then and only then do I want to be called one!!!

Angie, who some day will do another 50 and will be damn proud that she
waited to have the 'endurance rider' title!