LD

> Endurance, endure \ from the latin "indurare," meaning "to harden," 1 :
> continue on in the same state : LAST    2 : to remain firm under
suffering,
> hardship, or misfortune without yielding ~ to undergo (as a hardship)
esp.
> without giving in.  Syn. BEAR, CONTINUE.

> Trish & "pretty David"
------------------------------

By your own definition,
for someone that had never ridden more than 3 miles, 10 miles would be an
'endurance' ride, although different from an AERC sanctioned Endurance
Ride)

I do not suggest that any bylaws need to be changed, only some attitudes.
I have seen plenty of Bad Attitude from Newbies as well as Old Timers and
everything in between.  I think it is great that LD riders are being given
recognition, but all the 'doo-dads' are not going to make any difference as
long as 50 & 100 milers continue to belittle LD, and the LD people continue
to 'talk' without 'walking the walk'.

to LD Riders:  What is you do is great and wonderful.  Enjoy it and be
proud of your accomplishments.  Continue to strive for personal excellence.
 Give Credit where it is due to those who have 'endured' longer and harder.

Real "Endurance" Riders"  What you do is great and wonderful.  Enjoy it and
be proud of you accomplishments.  Continue to strive for personal
excellence.  Give Credit where it is due to those who have limits.
Support/Encourage/Teach those who struggle to do what you do.

This is a two-way street folks.  There are many good people in the sport
regardless of what distance they ride, but there are some bad apples too.
Bad Apples and Sour Grapes.

GROW UP!

Becky Huffman
AERC since 1988, aprox 1400 miles