RE: Endurance???

You wrote:

> I think any body doing more than 10 miles can consider it an endurance
> ride. Others might think that it is not endurance but to the person
> that
> can't do anymore than that, Why take the glory away from them!! They
> are
> not compeating with the 50 or 100 mileres, so why make them feel like
> they are not doing distance. Distance does not have a definet answer.
> So why not let the person that goes out and does 10 miles be called a
> distance rider if it helps to make them feel better about the ride
> that
> they think is out-standing!! (because it might be all they are able to
> do.)  Don't be so fast to say that if you don't do so many miles you
> are
> not an endurance rider. Let them think they have done a terrific feat.
> They think so!
> Rebecca

If I'm training for my dressage competitions, I ride more than 10 miles
a day, but riding longe 'endurance-like'  distance rides were more
difficult than I thought.
I do'nt feel myself an endurance rider yet only when riding distances of
just more than 10 miles.

In my opinium however is the most important of Endurance riding is, that
you try to reach the highest possible level, even if it is attended with
falling and standing up.
The effort you put in it, and not the distance should be of primary
interest on that specific moment.
Maybe that is really 'Endurance' and is the name 'Endurance rider' not a
title coupled to only distance, but a reward for long and hard training
horse and rider to accomplish longer distances!.

Gr,
Hugo (and Lazy Lincoln)