Re: Limited distance

On Sun, 7 Jun 1998 17:13:40 -0700, "Lori Bertolucci-Woodard"
<llbertol@atnet.net> wrote:

>So what do you call the rider that has done the 50+miles, yet has a new
>horse in training and is starting him on 25 milers until such a time as he
>is ready to move on?  Limited distant endurance riders?....
>Lori and Rikky.WA.

That's easy.  I've been in exactly that situation myself recently.
The rider, having completed an endurance ride, is an endurance rider
(who happens to riding an LD ride that day).  The horse, having *not*
completed an endurance ride, is not (at least yet) an endurance horse.

There is no way I would call my new horse Nykoss an "endurance horse"
today.  He hasn't earned it yet.  I hope we change that next weekend!

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net