banter

All this bantering about "newbies" and what classifies an endurance
rider is making this "newbie" a little fearful of entering the sport.  I
realize it's very competitive as are all equine performance sports.  But
what originally turned me on to endurance was the perception that the
competitors are basically "down-to-earth" people who don't necessarily
have to be rich or belong to an elite group, unlike so many of the
horsey set involved in showing.  I just love my horse and want to
accomplish something I can be proud of with him as my partner.  That's
my first goal, regardless of the distance.  It will be a HUGE
accomplishment for us.  Then, who knows, maybe more and longer races
will be in our future (at least I hope).  Am I way off base in my
thinking here?

Shannon