Re: donna snyder-smith

On Sat, 6 Jun 1998 08:17:45 -0700 (PDT), sandy lundberg
<sandylwes@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Yeah Donna!!!!!!!!!!!As a limited distance rider who hopes one day to
>go further, you said a mouthful. (and very well)I wish more people
>could see things your way. Not all of us (or our horses) have the
>time,money or ability to go 50+ miles at a time.  With a non-arab I
>feel it takes alot of longer, slower miles to build a solid base and
>25's do that for us.

OK, there's something here I don't understand.  If you don't have the
time, money or ability to ride an endurance ride, why do you demand to
be called an endurance rider?  Would you also demand to be given an
award that said "Marathon Runner" if you could only run half of a
Marathon?  Why?

Today, you are a Limited Distance rider.  That's nothing to be ashamed
of.  I hope you realize your dream of someday completing an endurance
ride -- and then you will be an endurance rider.  And believe me, that
will mean more to you because you will have actually *earned* it.

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net